LuLaRoe Retailer FAQs
Curious about being a LuLaRoe Retailer? It’s one of the best decisions my family and I have ever made! I would love to talk with you more about being a LuLaRoe retailer and how it could work with your lifestyle and schedule. Send me an Email so we can set up a time to talk! Or if you’re ready dive in, here is the link to sign up as a retailer on my team!
Here are a few questions I’m asked often about becoming a LuLaRoe Retailer and the answers I give.
How does it work?
- I purchase clothing from LuLaRoe at wholesale pricing, store those clothes in my home and then sell them on online and at in-home pop-up boutiques at a set retail price. I get to choose what sizes and styles I receive, but I don’t get to choose what print/color I get. Every time I get a box it’s like Christmas to see what prints I got! Then I take individual pictures of each one and post them in my weekly online sale. I have some great tools that I use for this that I share with my team members.
How many hours do you normally work? How much do you make each week?
- At first I was working about 20 hours a week, I started doing this part time. I have grown to love this business so much, that I have grown my inventory and decided to do this as a full-time job, so I work for about 30 hours per week. I normally make $1,000-$2,000 per week, which breaks down to about $33-66/hour!
How do you pay yourself?
- Once you’ve paid off your initial investment, our team recommends reinvesting 50% of your income on new inventory, 10% on business expenses, 10% saved for income tax and that leaves 30% for you to take home! At the end of each sale, I tally up my invoice totals, and then plug it into an excel spreadsheet and figure out how much I made. It’s my favorite part of the week!
How long does it take to pay your original investment off?
- It should take anywhere from 1-3 months to pay off your initial $5,000 investment. I paid mine off within the first two months!
Do I need to build a team?
- No – building a team is not a requirement! But, if you do decide to build a team, You’ll earn 5% on the wholesale price of the inventory your downline purchases from LuLaRoe in exchange for training your team members to work their businesses.
What if something doesn’t sell?
- Everything sells! Everyone has different tastes in clothes, so there is something for everyone with LuLaRoe! I’ll teach you all the tricks for bringing life to the pieces that have sat around for a little while.
How long is the wait?
- Right now it’s a 6-8 week wait from the time you submit your paperwork. That’s a perfect amount of time to get ready and do your homework! I have some homework groups to add you to that help prepare you for your business! Plus, there is a weekly training webinar provided by LuLaRoe just for people in the queue! I’ll also take time to answer questions you have while you wait and help you get ready!
I really don’t want to quit my other job. Am I able to do this while also working a desk job?
- Yes! I’ve decided to work this business full-time, but there are many who only work part time. Many who work daytime jobs, often sell LuLaRoe at night. Most of the technical side of the job is done from your phone, we are so lucky to live in the age we do! The best part of this job is that it is YOUR business, so you work it in your own time. I will teach you where to start with your inventory in order to do this job on a Part-time basis.
Is it up to the Retailer to decide which days that online sales are done, or are newer consultants assigned sale dates and times?
- This is definitely up to you. They often say, the business works for you, you don’t work for the business. You own your inventory and can sell it in the way that best fits your lifestyle. Whether that’s all online, all in person, or a mix of both. Although – for consistency, it is best to hold your online sale the same day and time every week, Whenever that day/time is that works for you.
How many consultants does LuLaRoe have? I looked at the company’s website and saw a map of consultants. It seems like a lot!
- As of March of 2017,they have around 80,000 consultants! They just turned 4 years old in May. I know people that sell Younique make up which has a similar sales platform, and they have 425,000 consultants and they all sell exactly the same product! The awesome thing about LuLaRoe is that we each have a unique set of inventory so we’re not directly competing with each other. No one carries exactly the same thing, so sometimes we even shop from each other!
Does a consultant lose status if an order is not placed after a certain amount of time?
- The minimum requirement is 33 pieces per month, but your account doesn’t become inactive unless you miss that minimum 3 months in a row.
Does LuLaRoe provide online marketing/sales tips for consultants?
- Yes! Once a retailer receives the onboarding call, I add her to a handful of facebook retailer groups that are full of webinars, trainings etc. I and other people in your upline (my sponsor, her sponsor, etc.) are all at your disposal for guidance, tips, etc. You will have a vast array of knowledge at your fingertips and I will always be just an email, phone call, or Private message away!
Do we determine how often and how much of the new merchandise we get?
- Yes, your orders are up to you as the LuLaRoe retailer! I always order the same amount of clothes that I’ve sold, so I keep my stock full. I order weekly. A minimum order is 33 pieces. You can order whatever you want, so a sample order could be 1XS Irma, 2 Med irmas, 1 Large Irma, 1 XXS Nicole, 3 Med nicoles, 1 XL Nicole, 3 Large Randys, etc. You can’t pick the print but you do pick the style and size.
What do you do with returned merchandise or merchandise that doesn’t sell?
- When merchandise is returned by a customer, it must have the tags on it so you’re able to resell it! Honestly everything sells eventually. If you’re really struggling with something, you could do an inventory swap with another consultant. You could also return it to LLR, but you would be subject to a Restocking fee. Our team has lots of tricks to help with selling “hard to move” pieces!
Who do you use for shipping, and do you get special rates?
- I use stamps.com and yes that gets us bulk commercial rates! There is a subscription fee of $15 per month but the discounts they provide saves me way more than that per month. Usually, your first month is Free, so I suggest you wait to start your subscription, until right before you’ll be mailing anything.
How do I get started?
- Here’s the link to sign up as a LuLaRoe Retailer! It’s super easy. And you don’t have to pay for your onboarding package until you actually onboard 6-8 weeks later.